welcome

Welcome friends and Family

Monday, August 15, 2011

Grand Canyon

This is such a beautiful site. And I loved showing my children this great thing of the Grand Canyon. Things were going great. The kids were being so awesome.

Enjoying the rocks, Smiling for the camera. Well I did not bring my charger to my big camera and so I had my little camera. And would let the kids take some of the pictures with the small camera because I was afraid of the camera battery dying. And wanted to get all the pictures I could. So I just had Emma take my picture with my big camera and take a picture of good old mom and when I went down a step my pants rubbed the back of the fence and I heard this awful sound of a drop. I looked down and there was my battery right at my foot I thought okay my camera fell out of my pocket. But then realized it went over the edge. The edge meaning falling 15 feet into the Grand Canyon. I was sick. I was looking over the edge and there was 1 battery 1 blue camera and 1 sd card that all the pictures of Sasha baptism and being down with The Gore's, The Mathis and the grandparents. I immediately felt sick. So sick I thought I was going to throw up. Then Jonathan got mad at me. Then we went to the Visitor center to see if they could help and they gave us a big piece of tape and told us to try to go fishing. We tried but there were so many people and the stick was to short. I still have nightmares every night of this sad sad sight. Lesson learned always back up your pictures and for sure never have your camera in your back pocket while visiting the Grand Canyon. So our pictures and trip was ruined. I feel so bad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment