welcome

Welcome friends and Family

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Grandma's Hands

This is sweet Grandma on the bike. She rides for 5 minutes and then has a break. Then rides for 5 minutes. She does this all together for 15 min. She is quite the rider.
Today Barb worked with her speech as she ate. To see how her swallowing is doing.
So she can get off of having nectar in everything she drinks. She is doing so well at talking. And she is being very loud.

This is her with the hand bike. Since she is taking her parkinson med.
She is able to do this.


Her sweet kind hands. She gets her hands painted by Connie.
She just loves to have her fingernails painted.



My Grandma's Hands I guess this is important to me. Is that it is has been a long time since I have seen my Grandma's hand not shake and not so curled up. My grandma has had many strokes in the last week. We almost thought that we lost her. Which was unbearable. I know she has lived a long time. But we all still need her. And then she made an amazing recovery where she is able to walk and to talk. She is still working on her swallowing. Another part of this that has been so hard. Is when she was not saying correct things and she was so scared. But her hands where still relaxed.One time I came in the room and it looked like she was sewing with both of her hands it was so amazing. I am looking at her so different along with myself. As my cousins each came in the room. We all have her lips. And she has worried about each one of us. I think all we can do each day is our best. And love to the fullest. I am glad that I have been able to help. She has helped me all of my life. I will probablly keep updating because she is such the fighter. Another great example to keep on going.

3 comments:

MG said...

Kathryn, Your grandma is awesome. That is amazing after all those strokes. I remember seeing her a lot when I would see Sarah in Cedar City while she was in college. At least I think that is the same Grandma.

Leslie said...

Oh wow. Look at her go! Im so proud of her!!! DO keep updating. I need to call her.

Kourtney said...

You are an amazing person Kathryn. I am taken back at how much you give. You have a sweet heart.

Post a Comment